Invest Through Securities
You can make a big impact by donating long-term appreciated securities, including stock, bonds, and mutual funds, directly to Heart for Lebanon. Compared with donating cash or selling your appreciated securities and contributing the after-tax proceeds, you may be able to automatically increase your gift and your tax deduction. For example, when you donate stock to Heart for Lebanon, you’ll generally take a tax deduction for the full fair market value. This type of giving enables many people to give more than they otherwise could have by reducing their ordinary income taxes and avoiding capital gains taxes.
You can make a big difference in discipling people in Lebanon.
Most people invest into what God is doing through Heart for Lebanon to reach people and disciple them are in cash. Understandably because it is best known. However, this may not be the most-cost effective way for you to invest.
You may be able to reach more people with God’s love, and experience significant tax savings, by giving non-cash assets.
Examples of non-cash assets are:
- Stock or marketable securities
- Real estate
- Business interests
- Life insurance
- Gifts from your IRA
Benefits of investing Non-Cash Assists:
- Tax wise – Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your investment and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assists and reach more people with the Gospel.
- Eliminate hassles – By investing assests you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties or vacation homes) to reach children and their families with the Gospel and disciple them to become His ambassadors where God sends them. Our professional planned giving partners will help you plan and manage asset transfers and sales.
- Capacity to invest – Financial invest from your excess resources without restricting your cash flow.
- Estate planning – Eliminate potential taxes and/or complications for your heirs by giving complex or burdensome assets to reach people in Lebanon with the Gospel and disciple them for a lifetime of service.
You Can Help Make the Gospel available for Generations to come.
We can help you connect to one of our financial advisors so that you can be a wise steward of God’s resources. You can leave a legacy of generosity and make the Gospel available for years to come.
“The financial content provided here by Heart for Lebanon is educational in nature. Heart for Lebanon is not offering professional tax, legal, or accounting advice. For specific advice about the effect of any planning concept on your tax or financial situation or with your estate, please consult a qualified professional advisor.”