Pray for Lebanon
December Prayer Points
Prayer Focus: Partnerships
As this year comes to an end, we ask that prayers be focused on our partners. Specifically, the strategic partnerships that have been faithful to hear the call of God to support Heart for Lebanon through prayer, financial gifts, advisements, and service teams. Many other partners have joined us this year as well through our radio campaigns, online presence, and networking.
This year has hosted numerous challenges, from political protest, economic failure, the Covid-19 pandemic, and a massive explosion, all straining the already struggling nation of Lebanon with over 1.8 million refugees living in extreme poverty. That said, both Heart for Lebanon’s US team and in-country Operations Team can not say thank you enough to all our partners.
We recognize you as “fellow workers partnering with us” to usher in God’s kingdom, letting His will be done on earth (in Lebanon), as it is in heaven.
Our mission is to make disciples for Jesus Christ. Every program, initiative, and intervention that we provide to the families we serve is an intentional step in the process of making disciples. Throughout 2020 we have consistently held both virtual and in person Bible Studies, created Biblical content that can be shared via mobile platforms, and provided opportunities for the men and women we serve to serve others. The transformation that is taking place is incredible!
Last month we held a service where 19 men and women, many of whom come from a muslim background, took a huge step of faith and publicly professed their relationship with Jesus Christ through baptism. These are men and women that our staff have been serving, building relationships with, and teaching for months (and in some cases years). We celebrate the evidence of life change and the generational impact these men and women will have on their families and communities as disciple makers.
As a prayer partner you have a part in their story; you are helping to fuel our mission and disciples of Jesus Christ are being made.
This month let’s not only be thankful for these opportunities but lets also pray for greater opportunities in 2021:
- Pray for continued peace in the Middle East, specifically for Lebanon to re-establish their government.
- Pray that our Heart for Lebanon staff in-country (and in the US), that God would enable them to reach many more families in need in 2021 and to have a vision to see God work in greater ways.
- Pray for more church partners, individuals, and committed businesses to support this especially important work.
- Pray for more individuals to respond to our radio campaigns across the country and thru our social media updates.
- Pray and ask God how you and others could make a difference in 2021 as we partner together.
- Be thankful for incredible opportunity that God has given us to partner with HIM in this unique yet crucial work, allowing us to see HIM changes lives from despair to hope.
- Be thankful that the Lord has provided for the ministry needs of Heart for Lebanon.
- Be thankful for the leadership, the board of directors, and the staff here and abroad who are willing to seek the best for this ministry and operation.